It is possible to create a Location in ZuluDesk, these locations are used in ZuluDesk for several things which we'll go over in this article.
How to create a location
When you navigate to Organization > Settings you can see a tab on the left side called Locations:
Here you'll see an overview of all currently configured locations - You can also add new locations here.
- IP Address/Range: This is the address used by the location, you can either add a single address or a range
- Location Name: You can give this IP a name, this name will also be shown in, for example, the device overview.
- Coordinates: This is the location you want to assign the IP address to, this location is also shown in the device overview
To add a location simply click the button and a new row will appear. To remove one click the Trashcan on the right side of the location.
How to use a created location in ZuluDesk
Locations can be seen and used in multiple parts of ZuluDesk:
- Smart Groups
- Device Overview (Location)
- Approximate Location
- Location based restrictions for the teacher App (Organisation settings)