This article is specifically created for resellers.
This article will help you get started as a reseller for ZuluDesk and will give you sufficient information on how to do certain things in our environment. If there is any information you can't find please check out our knowledge-base: https://support.zuludesk.com/hc/en-us
1. Get the information you need:
- ZuluDesk Introduction video
- ZuluDesk website information section
- Apple Education
- Apple DEP documentation
- ZuluDesk Knowledge Base DEP Documentation
- Apple VPP documentation
- ZuluDesk Knowledge Base VPP Documentation
- ZuluDesk Training
2. Before starting up an environment
- Do you need more administrators?
- How many profiles do you need? (Teachers / Students / Etc)
- How many classes or groups do you need?
- Who need which rights
- Is the School going to use ZuluDesk Parent? (Get the parent info from the school before setting this up)
- Starting enrollment via ZMS or via ASM?
- Which license will the school use?
- You can also follow this ZuluDesk Reseller Flowchart in order to set up an environment
3. How to set up:
- Create your own environment in ZuluDesk Management System (ZMS) https://zuludesk.com/manage. Your environment can be used as a demo environment and once you have schools listed you will also see them here. (This is your trial environment that gets all the reseller features, once set to reseller status)
- If you haven't done this set up yet: A setup assistant will guide you through the next steps to get your demo devices into ZuluDesk
4. How to buy licenses
- Your schools can buy licenses through you, the reseller. You will be invoiced by us and you can invoice the school accordingly. When the school is not in the system yet, you can add the school under the School Management button in the Reseller Portal. The steps of creating licenses will be shown in the menu. When the school is already is ZMS you can add licenses with the extend licenses button.
- For more information regarding licenses: Manage Licenses - Parent / Child licenses
5. How to calculate license costs
- Calendar year (January until December) license period and an Academic (August until July) license period are two of the licenses we work with. When a school starts on another date then the first of August or the first of January, we will calculate the licenses at the beginning of the current month until the end of the year (remaining months) when choosing for Calendar year licenses, or until the end of July in case of purchasing an Academic license.
- For example: when the school requests the licenses to start at 27-02-2018, we calculate for the period:
- 01-02-2018 until 31-12-2018 (for Calendar year)
- 01-02-2018 until 31-07-2018 (for Academic year)
6. When a school has (or wants) a trial account
- You can request a trial account for the school on our website https://www.zuludesk.com/trial/, we always have to accept this trial before you can access the environment, also please make sure you mention that you're the reseller for this school, so we can add this school to your reseller portal.
- The trial environment is available for one month. During this period the school has full access to all options and features within ZMS.
- The trial environment can be changed into a licensed environment at any moment within the month of starting the trial without the loss of any of the settings.
- If the school wants you to be their reseller they need to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a simple request and our support team will make sure the trial environment stays intact and will be part of your reseller management environment.
ZuluDesk checks the certification of it's partners twice a year by taking a test, the questions and scenarios in this test are taken out of our daily practices and are specifically made for technicians and for client support. The ZuluDesk Team will invite the reseller when a new test is ready. When you've passed the test for the first time, it is also possible to use this as MDM certification for Apple. Your technical staff will then get a certificate.
8. How to Reach us
- Our ticket system: your schools can use this to contact you with support questions. If you can't help the school or don't know the answer, (Please check our Knowledge Base to see if you can't help the school) you can escalate the ticket to us - Please provide us with what you've already tried and please provide as much details as possible (Device S/N, group name, App name, etc.)
- Slack: You can ask us to invite you to our Slack Channel where we give you information about all new features and where you as reseller can get in direct contact without support. If you want to join slack please send an email to email@example.com asking for an invite.
- Financial matters: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any financial matters.
9. Social media