It is possible to create and manage WebClips in Zuludesk, in this article we will go over the following:
- Creating a WebClip
- Managing WebClip
Creating a WebClip
It is possible to create a webclip in ZMS, this is done in the general settings of a profile, the following WebClip is an example of how a WebClip should be configured.
It is also possible to create WebClips for MacOS, We've created a separate Article for this: WebClips for MacOS
WebClips are not permitted on Shared-iPads. You can share WebClips with Apple Classroom, but there's no way to save these to the homescreen.
If you want your webclip to open in Chrome this is possible by using googlechrome:// (For example: googlechrome://www.zuludesk.com/) before the address.
In ZuluDesk, there are multiple things you need to know about managing WebClips:
- It is not possible to configure WebClips in a profile layout
- When a profile layout is configured WebClips will show up in the first available spot
- Users can always create WebClips since Apple doesn't allow us to manage these settings.
- It is possible to disable to removal of WebClips by checking off "Allow removing apps" in restriction settings
- When a profile layout is configured users can not remove WebClips regardless of this restriction
- When whitelisting/blacklisting apps, it is possible to whitelist/blacklist all WebClips