It is possible to create and manage Web Clips in Zuludesk, in this article we will go over the following:
- Creating a Web Clip
- Managing Web Clip
Creating a Web Clip
It is possible to create a Web Clip in ZMS, this is done in the general settings of a profile, the following Web Clip is an example of how a Web Clip should be configured.
It is also possible to create Web Clips for MacOS, We've created a separate Article for this: Web Clips for MacOS
Web Clips are permitted on Shared-iPads running 11.3 or higher. You can share Web Clips with Apple Classroom to devices running iOS 11.2 or lower, but there's no way to save these to the homescreen.
If you want your web clip to open in Chrome this is possible by using googlechrome:// (For example: googlechrome://www.zuludesk.com/) before the address.
Managing Web Clips
In ZuluDesk, there are multiple things you need to know about managing Web Clips:
- It is not possible to configure Web Clips in a profile layout
- When a profile layout is configured Web Clips will show up in the first available spot
- Users can always create Web Clips since Apple doesn't allow us to manage these settings.
- It is possible to disable to removal of Web Clips by checking off "Allow removing apps" in restriction settings
- When a profile layout is configured users can not remove Web Clips regardless of this restriction
- When whitelisting/blacklisting apps, it is possible to whitelist/blacklist all Web Clips