Both ParnasSys and Esis can generate an EdeXML file which contains relevant information about the school like groups, students and teachers. ZuluDesk can import this file, making configuring a lot easier.
Steps to take:
- Generate the EdeXML from ParnasSys or Esis;
- Import the generated file in ZMS.
Generate the EdeXML:
School -> Export -> Edex -> Choose version “1.03” -> Click on “Genereer Edex bestanden”
Uitvoer -> Export -> EdeXML
Save the generated file(s) to a folder on your computer.
Import the generated file in ZMS:
- In ZMS go to “Organization” -> “Import / Export”;
- Click on “Import users from EdeXML”;
- Select the XML file you’ve just generated from ParnasSys or Esis;
- Leave the “Automatically create students groups” checked if you want to create student groups and make student a member of the group they’re in according to the EdeXML file;
- Select the default group for both the Students and Teachers. Students will become a member of both the selected groups and the group in the EdeXML file if the “Automatically create students groups” option is checked;
- Click on the “Start Import” button. You will be directed to the Import / Export page again where you can see the progress of the task;
- Once finished, you can see how many users & groups are imported or download the logfile ZMS generated.
Log files are automatically deleted every night at 00:00.