With every new iOS, new DEP Terms had to be accepted as well. This is why all DEP agents will need to take action.
They will have to accept these Terms and Conditions, to be able to automatically enrol new DEP devices into MDM. DEP devices that were already enrolled, will not be affected.
Please note, that only the person who set up DEP for your school/organisation is DEP Agent. DEP administrators cannot accept these Terms, so please be sure your DEP Agent is available.
If Apple School Manager or Device Enrollment Program asks you to approve new terms and conditions:
About Administrators and Agents
The person who completes the initial program enrollment also accepts the following Terms and Conditions on behalf of the enrolling organization:
- Apple Device Enrollment Program or Apple School Manager Agreement
- macOS Software License Agreement
- iOS Software License Agreement
After completing enrollment, this person becomes the Administrator in Apple School Manager (ASM) or Agent in the Device Enrollment Program (DEP). In ASM, this person can also designate up to four more Administrators. In DEP, there is only one Agent.
Accepting updated agreements
After Apple updates one of these agreements, any ASM Administrator or the DEP Agent must sign in to the program website to accept any new agreements.
If you’re an Administrator in Apple School Manager, sign in to https://school.apple.com.
If you’re an Agent in the Device Enrollment Program, sign in to https://deploy.apple.com.
If you don’t accept the agreements
Devices that were assigned to a Mobile Device Management (MDM) server in Apple School Manager or the Device Enrollment Program won’t be affected. If you Erase all content and settings on a device, the device is still assigned to the same MDM server and the same settings are applied during setup.
However, these conditions apply until the new agreements are accepted:
- Apple School Manager instructors and managers can reset user passwords and send or print login information, but other site functions will be disabled.
- Device Enrollment Program admins (other than the Agent) won’t be able to log into the Device Enrollment Program portal until the Agent accepts the updated agreements.
- In ASM and DEP, you can’t assign new devices to your MDM server, even if you have selected the option to automatically assign new purchases to a specific MDM server.
- Your MDM server might report an error message like “403 T_C_NOT_SIGNED” when communicating with Apple’s device management servers.