In any payload field you can use variables to create information that is dynamically resolved by ZuluDesk when the configuration, wallpaper or Managed App Config is sent to the device.
This allows you flexibility in creating configuration that can be used across a variety of situations and devices.
The following variables are available. You can combine the variables with static text, for example
- %ProductName% of %FullName%
These variables are always available.
- %CompanyId%: the internal ID of your organisation
- %CompanyNetworkId% : the Network ID of your organisation
- %CompanyName% : the name of your organisation
These variables are resolved using information from the user’s record in ZuluDesk.
Only available if the device that the profile is pushed to has an owner, not working for Shared iPads.
- %FullName% : the user’s full name, for example ‘John Doe’
- %FirstName% : the user’s first name, for example ‘John’
- %LastName% : the user’s last name, for example ‘Doe’
- %Email% : the user’s e-mail address, for example ‘email@example.com’
- %ShortName% : the user’s short name, for example ‘jdoe’
- %Username% : alias for %short_name%
- %Password% : the user’s password, only available if the credentials are stored locally in ZuluDesk
- %UserId% : the user’s internal ID
- %UserGroups% : comma separated list of groups this user is a member of
- %ManagedAppleId% : the Managed Apple ID of the user (only available if the user has a Managed Apple ID)
- %ManagedType% : the type of user (Staff, Student or Teacher) (only available if the user has a Managed Apple ID)
- %ManagedGrade% : the grade of the user (eg. K1) (only available if the user has a Managed Apple ID)
VPP invitation URL:
Only available in profiles, not in devices names or Managed App Configs!
- %VPP%: link to the iTunes page where the user can accept the VPP invite. Only available when the user is not yet Associated! Use a scope filter like “”VPP Status” not equal to “Associated”” to target the right users!
These variables are resolved using information from the device record in ZuluDesk and are always available.
- %Name%: the name of the device
- %DeviceGroups% : comma separated list of groups this device is a member of
- %OSVersion% : the version number of the device’s OS, for example: 8.1.3 or 10.9
- %udid% : the unique identifier of the device
- %SerialNumber% : the device’s serial number
- %ProductName% : the device’s product name, for example ‘iPad’, ‘MacBook’, etc..
- %WIFIMAC% : the MAC address of the device’s WiFi interface
- %AssetTag% : the device’s Asset Tag
- %Notes% : the device’s Notes
- %VARIABLE,5% : will give the first 5 digits of the variable
- %VARIABLE,lower% : variable in lowercase letters
- %VARIABLE,upper% : variable in uppercase letters
- %VARIABLE,prefix:% : adds a prefix to the variable
- %VARIABLE,postfix:% : adds a postfix to the variable
- %url,barcode% : adds a QR code with a link to the device in ZMS (Wallpapers only)
- %VARIABLE,barcode% : adds a QR code (Wallpapers only)
Location variables ( > V6):
- %LocationName% : Location name
- %LocationCity% : Location city
- %LocationAddress% : Location address
- %LocationPostalCode% :Location postal code
You can also combine these functions, for example: %FullName,prefix:http://google.com/search?q=,barcode%. This will result in a QR code that links to google.com and searches for the users full name.
Please note: the variables full_name, first_name, last_name, email, short_name, username and password are deprecated.
We recommend using the new notation (FullName, LastName, etc..)