Currently it is not possible to distribute Web Clips for macOS using the profiles section in the ZuluDesk Management System, but with this guide you will still be able to add Web Clips to your macOS devices.
Steps to take:
- Create a script
- Create a package
- Distribute the package
- Configure Docks
Create a script
- Open Script Editor;
- Click on ‘File’ and select ‘New’;
- Write the following in the Script Editor
tell application “Safari”
open location “http://www.yourwebcliplink.com/”
- Press the Play button to test this script
- Click on ‘File’ and select ‘Export’
- Enter a name and location for the script and select ‘Application’ as File Format.
- To change the Web Clip icon image you can right click the file you’ve just exported, click ‘Get Info’, Select the image in the top left corner and paste a new image.
Create a package
Please follow How to build packages for macOS to create a package for your Web Clip.
Distribute the package
Please follow How to distribute In-House Packages to macOS Clients to distribute a package for your Web Clip.
- Create or Edit a new profile in the ZuluDesk Management System;
- Go to the ‘Dock’ section and click ‘Configure’;
- Add your app to the ‘Dock Apps’ as follow:
- Make sure you select ‘Merge with Users’s Dock’